Team building activities for companies
Would you like to surprise your team and organize a team building activity? Or are you looking for how to organize a team building event for your company?
In any case, you are in the right place to learn everything about team building activities for companies: the importance of these activities, how they are organized, and the price.
Keep reading and discover everything about team building activities for companies!
What is team building?
Let's start with the basics to be clear for you what the organization of team building activities for companies consists of.
What does team build mean? It refers to all those activities and techniques that are used to improve relationships between people within an organization.
These types of meetings and events are normally organized out of the office, and they can take place in a relaxed atmosphere and in such a way that they can be considered as a leisure activity.
The term was coined in the 1920s, when several writers and teachers pointed out the importance of promoting good working relationships and working conditions to improve team performance and productivity.
Why is it important to organize team building activities for companies?
As we have seen, organising team building activities within a company is very important, since team building consists of organizing sessions that promote teamwork and cohesion among workers.
We can summarize the benefits of holding team building events in the following points:
- Improves relationships between colleagues and the work environment
- Boost team productivity
- Strengthens the spirit of belonging to a group
- Helps to achieve business goals and professional and personal development
- Boosts motivation and positive attitude
- Boosts competitiveness and the desire to personal growth
- Strengthens the brand image of the company
- Includes fun in the working environment improving the well-being of the team
Definitely, a close team with good relationships will improve the mood of all members and will have a positive impact on the company through groups with high levels of productivity and less stress.
How to organize a team building event for companies?
If you want to organize a team building event in your company, we suggest you follow these steps:
- Set the objective of the activity, what do you want to achieve in the team building event?
- How many people will participate in the activity? This point is very important to consider the type of event that can be held and the costs.
- Determine what type of activity fits the best for the company culture or team spirit.
- Choose the date and location where the activity will take place, considering whether it will be during working hours or after.
- Internal or external organization. There is always the option of contacting a company specialized in organizing team building events to assure the activity is carried out in the best possible way.
Examples of team building activities for companies
Now, we´ll give some examples of team building activities for companies, although you can let your imagination run wild and propose any event that comes to your mind or let them suggest the activities that work best for you.
Among the current trends we highlight:
- Scape Room
- Business trips
- Corporate volunteering (helping NGOs or collaborating with social causes through the company)
- Adventure and extreme sports (kayak, rafting, canyoning, parachuting, bungee jumping...)
- Traditional sports (soccer championships, paddle tennis...)
- Hiking excursions, trails, bicycle routes...
What is the price of a corporate event for team building?
Finally, we are going to talk about the prices that a corporate event for team building can have.
This cost will depend on the type of activity and the number of people participating. We can have an event for 15-20 people for a price between 1,000 and 3,000 euros.
While other more elaborated with various activities and a large team can cost between 9,000 and 10,000 euros.
Of course, there are no limits and team building events can be held for 1,000 people if necessary or more.
At Sportmadness we have already developed several team building activities for companies with great success, such as a self-defense masterclass, a foot ball tournament in a 5x5 game format in which 8 technological companies participated, and also an event that included various recreational activities and sports.
These activities were a 5 vs 5 human table football, self-defense classes, Mindfulness classes and the design of a personalized quiz projected through a digital tactile iTotem.
Would you like Sportmadness to help you organize your team building event? Fill in the following form.
Formulario Sportmadness contacto EN
Contacto formulario Sportmadness.es